Skip to main content Skip to home page

Your Health Blog

    Time for Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period

    Every year from October 15 through December 7, those eligible for Medicare can change their Medicare Advantage plan for the following year or switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage. Here’s some helpful information to consider:

    The ABCDs of Medicare
    • Original Medicare covers hospital visits (Part A) and doctor visits (Part B).
    • Prescription drug coverage is called Part D.
    • So, what’s Part C? Part C is Medicare Advantage (MA).
    • MA plans include everything in Original Medicare plus benefits like dental or vision coverage, free fitness memberships, travel benefits, or over-the-counter allowances. Many MA plans also have Part D prescription drug coverage built in.
    What are the key differences?
    • Original Medicare often covers 80% of costs, leaving you to pay the other 20%. (And there’s no limit to your out-of-pocket costs.) But MA plans have predictable copays (sometimes as low as $0) and usually limit out-of-pocket maximums (the amount you must pay).
    • MA plans differ in terms of extras they cover, copays and other costs to you, provider networks, and other details, so it’s worth considering your healthcare situation—and the plan that best fits your needs and budget.
    • For example, MyTruAdvantage, which was founded by Deaconess Health System offers several plans, two of which are highlighted below:
      • MyTruAdvantage Choice Plus PPO and MyTruAdvantage Select Plus HMO.
        • Both plans offer $0 member premiums, $0 medical deductible, $0 primary care provider copays, $0 copays for 90-day mail-order prescription drugs, a $75 over-the-counter allowance per quarter, plus dental, vision, hearing, and fitness benefits.
        • The PPO plan offers coverage for services received from in-network and out-of-network providers, locally and while you’re traveling. Many benefits are the same for both in-network and out-of-network providers.
        • The HMO plan offers low-cost-shares and rich benefits that cover services with in-network doctors and hospitals.
    Where can you learn about plans?
    • Visit to use a plan comparison tool—just enter your ZIP code.
    • To get a free MyTruAdvantage Information Kit, visit Here, you can also explore helpful FAQs and articles.
    • To talk with a local licensed agent, call 833-213-6731 (TTY: 711).
    MyTruAdvantage Medicare Advantage plan
    Research shows that provider-led plans like Deaconess Health System’s MyTruAdvantage plan, deliver higher-quality care and better overall member satisfaction. With a focus on the community and designed around you, see your preferred providers with no referrals needed. MyTruAdvantage customer service representatives are residents of Indiana and are happy to assist members throughout the year.
    MyTruAdvantage is based in Indiana and was founded by Local Indiana doctors and Hospitals. You can enroll with an agent or directly with MyTruAdvantage online at or by calling 833-213-6731 (TTY: 711). Annual enrollment ends December 7!
    Other Providers are available in our network. MyTruAdvantage has HMO and PPO plans with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in MyTruAdvantage depends on contract renewal.  MyTruAdvantage complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1.844.425.4280 (TTY: 711). 注意:如果您使用繁體中文,您可以免費獲得語 言援助服務。請致電 1.844.425.4280 (TTY: 711)    Y0150_4001_SM0437_M
Top Back to top