The Deaconess Transfer Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help physicians transfer patients to a Deaconess facility. To transfer a patient, call the Transfer Center at 812-450-1111.
Deaconess Health System is the premier provider of health care services to 51 counties in three states (IN, IL, and KY). Transfers are accepted at Deaconess Midtown, Gateway and Henderson hospitals and Deaconess Cross Pointe, with services available at numerous other locations.
The Deaconess Transfer Center also provides transfer services for Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville as of 10/1/2023.
To transfer a patient, call the Transfer Center at 812-450-1111.
Effective 10/1/2023, this is also the number to call for transfers to Baptist Health Deaconess Madisonville (BHDM).
(Direct admits to BHDM can be placed by calling 270-339-7670.)
How Our Process Works:
To expedite patient transfer, please provide:
- Please call 812-450-1111 to be connected to the Deaconess Transfer Center.
- The Transfer Center will gather the basic patient information listed below.
- The Transfer Center will contact the appropriate physician for possible transfer.
- The Transfer Center will facilitate a recorded call between the referring physician and our provider to discuss the patient’s needs.
- If any imaging was done, we will request that it be uploaded through PowerShare. If you are unable to share images through PowerShare, we request that you send the images on CD with the patient.
- After the patient has been accepted, our team will arrange appropriate bed placement and facilitate patient report between the transferring and receiving nurse.
We are unable to accommodate the following transfer patients.
- Your name
- Referring provider’s name and name of the transferring hospital
- Direct call back number
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Patient weight or closest estimation
- Basic patient condition and any special needs like dialysis
- Please also indicate if patient has seen one of our providers in the past (if known)
If you need help with these patients, we are happy to connect you to another regional facility that might be able to help.:
- Continuous 24-hour video EEG
- Organ failure requiring transplant
Deaconess Care Link
To obtain access to Deaconess CareLink from your office as well as other remote locations for new office employees or to report employees no longer working for your office, please complete the form on the Deaconess CareLink page. For more information or questions, please call 812-450-EPIC.