Medical Students requesting a clinical rotation at Deaconess must complete all requirements as outlined below.
Medical Student Application Requirements:
- A student’s medical school must be LCME or AOA accredited. For international medical schools, the schools must be listed on the “Indiana’s Approved Medical School” list as found on the Indiana Professional Licensing website.
- Medical student must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Must be actively enrolled as a 3rd or 4th year student of an approved medical school
- Students must pass Step 1 USMLE/COMLEX prior to acceptance.
- Rotations must be requested at least 60 days in advance
- Professional Liability obtained from school
Student Request Process:
- Complete application
- Create a letter of introduction describing the following information:
- Why Deaconess was chosen for student rotation
- Area of practice interest following graduation
- Name and contact information for school Clinical Coordinator
- Submit completed documents to Student.Rotations@Deaconess.com
- After application, supporting documents, and rotation availability have been reviewed by the Academic Coordinator, you will be contacted with an approval or denial via email.
*Students MUST submit a new application for each rotation. No need to resubmit supporting documents*
Student Compliance Process:
- Deaconess utilizes myClinicalExchange (mCE) for rotation management and compliance. School Clinical Coordinators will need to contact mCE to create an account (if school does not already utilize) and request the student’s rotation via the online mCE software.
- After rotation approval, Medical Students are required to submit/complete the following in myClinicalExchange prior to the start of the rotation:
- Copy of School-Issued ID badge
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Letter of Good Standing from School
- Malpractice Insurance
- BLS Certification
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogen Assessment
- Complete OSHA Assessment
- Deaconess Badge Agreement
- Deaconess Orientation
- Deaconess Confidentiality Form
- Deaconess Handbook & Acknowledgement
- Deaconess Health Inventory
- Deaconess Insurance Certification/Waiver
- Immunization Records
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- Influenza (Flu) *for rotations October – March, annually
- All students will have provider access to our EMR system for their rotations. Students will complete online EMR training via a vendor website, PromisePoint.
- Students must display a school-issued badge with their image and name on it in conjunction with the Deaconess-issued badge at all times.