Deaconess has a strong commitment to medical student education and teaching. Our goal is to provide students with opportunities to acquire and utilize skills which will be helpful in their next phase of clinical training and beyond. Students focused on family medicine as a career and interested in learning more about our program are encouraged to apply for a visiting elective.
Medical student rotations are only available to those currently enrolled in medical school. We do not sponsor externships or observerships.
Your experience as a medical student at Deaconess includes:
- Clinical management and hands-on exposure to patient care as appropriate to your specific rotation and level of training
- Tour with the Academic Coordinator
- Audition rotations with the Family Medicine Program. Includes morning report, Tuesday morning grand rounds and Tuesday afternoon didactics.
- Exposure to Deaconess Family Medicine Residency program
- Wireless internet
- Free parking
- 24/7 access to Health Science Library
- Numerous resources available including: Access Medicine, PubMed, UpToDate, MICROMEDEX
- Healthcare Series, Journals A-2, OVID Journals
If you have a question about medical student opportunities, please contact us