Weigh and Stay Support Group
The Weigh and Stay Support Group is for moms and babies that are doing well with breastfeeding but want a weight check or have questions about breastfeeding.
The group meets on the 2nd Floor of The Women’s Hospital in Suite 2200.
Monday 3 PM – 6 PM
Wednesday 9 AM - 12 Noon
Friday 9 AM – 12 Noon
Come weigh your baby and stay to connect with other moms.
The Women’s Hospital offers online lactation consultations through a secure video connection.
You can use your phone, tablet, or computer to connect with a Women’s Hospital lactation expert and find answers to your questions.
Video Chat Appointments
You need to schedule an appointment to use the Free online service, but consultations can be arranged at any time during the day or night. This is a perfect service for those who live far away or have other small children at home. It’s also great when the weather is bad or if assistance is needed in the middle of the night! Call 812-842-4239
to make an appointment with one of our lactation consultants.
Weight checks (free) and consultations (free) are available seven days a week in Great Beginnings:
A one-on-one consultation with a lactation consultant is recommended if:
- Monday – Friday: Weight checks and consultations available 9 AM to 3 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: Weight check and consultations available 12 Noon to 3 PM
- Closed major holidays
Great Beginnings Breastfeeding Boutique
- Baby has low output. Day 1-3, expect at least 3 stools and 2-3 wet diapers. Day 3-5 expect at least 2 stools and 3-5 wet diapers. Day 5 and beyond, expect at least 2-4 stools and 6-8 wet diapers.
- Baby continually falls asleep at the breast and does not keep up a continuous pattern of suckle-swallow for 15-20 minutes per feeding.
- Baby is losing weight, is unsettled and cries excessively.
- Mother thinks her supply is low and wonders if she should supplement breastfeeding with formula.
- Mother has sore, cracked or bleeding nipples, or painful breasts.
- Mother has difficulty with latch or positioning of her baby.
- Special Circumstances, such as prematurity, twins, anomalies or maternal health concerns.
- If you wish to induce lactation for adoption - we have a program designed to help you produce milk. However, inducing lactation may not work in some cases.
Great Beginnings Breastfeeding Boutique is located on the first floor of The Women’s Hospital and offers services and products to help new mothers and their babies. We have a full line of breastfeeding supplies like bras 30A to 46F, camis, nursing covers, baby carriers, nipple cream, milk storage products and breast pumps.
Great Beginnings Hours
Monday - Friday 9 AM to 6 PM
Saturday - Sunday 12 Noon to 4 PM.
Great Beginnings also serves as a milk depot for The Milk Bank. This allows women to donate breast milk by dropping it off at our boutique. Great Beginnings also sells pasteurized donor milk when it is medically indicated or necessary for baby. For more information, including why we pasteurize all milk donations, contact a lactation consultant.