Support from family and friends is an important part of the patient’s recovery process. We encourage you to visit your loved ones while they are at Deaconess. Please follow the guidelines below to help us maintain a healing environment.
Visiting policies may be different for specialty areas like The Heart Hospital
, The Women’s Hospital
and Deaconess Cross Pointe. Exceptions to these rules can be made for end-of-life and other special circumstances.
Deaconess Midtown Hospital and Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- General hospital visiting hours are from 8 AM to 9 PM each day.
- An overhead announcement reminding everyone that visiting hours are over will take place at 9 PM. Shortly after the announcement, any remaining family members need to get a name tag/security pass. Ask the nurse for details.
- Anyone wishing to enter or exit the hospital after 10 PM must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Clergy or their assistants may visit at any time with permission of the patient/lawful representative unless restricted by the physician or while direct patient care is being performed.
Parking and Maps
- 1 to 2 designated “family members” may stay with the patient 24 hours per day. Family is defined by each patient and their individual situation. One of the designated family members needs to be the person with lawful authority to make decisions on the patient’s behalf.
- Children may visit on an inpatient unit during regular visiting hours when accompanied by an adult. Children must be supervised at all times by an adult who is not the patient.
- Deaconess is a tobacco free campus. Please do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco anywhere on our property.
Free parking is available in parking garages and surface parking lots at Deaconess Midtown Campus and Deaconess Gateway Medical Campus. Handicapped parking is also available. Please look at the campus map for details.
For your convenience, members of the Security Department maintain a courtesy shuttle for guest, patient, and visitor use. If you would like a FREE ride from any parking lot to any building (or between buildings) on one of our hospital campuses, please call the phone number for your location:
Deaconess Midtown Campus – 812-450-7500
Deaconess Gateway Medical Campus – 812-842-3900
Evansville is Indiana’s third-largest city. It is located in southwest Indiana along the Ohio River and borders southeast Illinois and northwest Kentucky.
Source: 2010 U.S. Census
- Evansville metropolitan area: 300,000
- Vanderburgh County (in which Evansville is located): 165,058
- City of Evansville: 117,500
Unlike the majority of Indiana, Evansville is in the Central Time Zone and observes Daylight Savings Time.
To learn more about Evansville go to VisitEvansville.com