Deaconess recommends a COVID-19 test if you currently have symptoms, or if you’ve had direct exposure to a person with COVID-19.
If you currently have symptoms of COVID-19, schedule your test now.
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
, and DON'T have symptoms
, avoid being tested too early. If you test too early, you may not have enough virus in your body to show a positive result. For reduced quarantine time after exposure
, testing must not take place prior to five days after exposure. Review CDC guidance
before scheduling your test. If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
, and you DO have symptoms
, schedule your test now.
How do I get tested?
COVID Testing FAQS
Patients can schedule their own drive-through test at below, or in their MyChart
accounts, under Find Care Now. You do NOT need a physician's order to be tested. Parents/caregivers of infants under 12 months of age should call their primary care
office to arrange testing or care.
What is the testing process?
Once you schedule your test, and receive your confirmation, you’ll go to the testing site and follow the signs. A nasal swab will be taken and sent to our lab. We analyze the test in our lab, and have results within 24-96 hours (1-4 days). Patients will receive more information after their test, and are directed to self-quarantine until results come in.
How will I get my test results?
When will my test results be available?
- MyChart will be the fastest way to receive your results, as results will be instantly uploaded to your MyChart account after processing your test, which takes 24-96 hours.
- If you do not yet have a MyChart account, after you schedule your test, check your email for a link and instant activation code to create your free account. You can also sign up for a MyChart account now.
- If you do not set up a MyChart account, you will need to contact your primary care provider after 96 hours for your results.
- If you do not have a primary care provider, you will need to contact the COVID hotline at 812-450-6555 after 96 hours for your results.
- If you are having trouble accessing your MyChart, please call 812-450-HELP.
Your test results will be in MyChart
within 24-96 hours—usually less than that. If you do not receive your results in that time, contact your primary care provider.
How much will my test cost?
We will bill your insurance. Your amount due will be based on your individual plan’s coverage for this test. Some insurance companies are waiving all patient liability (out of pocket costs) for COVID-19 virus testing; others are not, and patients will receive a bill for some or all of the cost of the test. You will need to check with your individual insurance plan by calling the number on the back of your insurance card, or by checking your account on their website.
Patients without insurance will not have out of pocket costs, due to a government assistance program that covers the cost of the test; each patient’s insurance status will be verified after their test.
I have made an appointment for testing but now I need to reschedule or cancel.
- Go into MyChart and open your “Visits” (desktop) or “Appointments” (app) tab.
- Select your upcoming testing appointment.
- Select “Cancel Appt”, the reason for cancelling, and then confirm cancellation.
- If you need a different testing appointment, repeat the original scheduling process.
COVID-19 Drive-Up Testing Sites
All locations below offer drive-up testing. Deaconess Clinic Downtown also offers walk-up testing.
All sites require an appointment. Please schedule below.
Note: To schedule testing for an infant under 12 months of age, call the nurse triage line at 812-450-6555
Select your preferred date and time
Review the appointment location information
Log in to MyChart Or Continue as a Guest
Step 4: Add the answers to the following questions in the "Reason for Visit" section while scheduling your appointment
- Is this your first test for COVID-19?
- Are you employed in healthcare?
- Are you symptomatic as defined by the CDC?
- If yes, date of symptom onset?
- Do you live in a nursing home, residential care facility, psychiatric treatment facility, group home, board of care home, homeless shelter, foster care or another communal setting?
- Are you pregnant?
After you schedule your visit, please activate your MyChart and update your demographic and billing information.
Finally, you will receive an email confirmation with your appointment details.
Downtown Parking/Drive-thru Map
View Full Size Map >