Deaconess Family Medicine Residency - Wallace M. Adye Center
Named in honor of Dr. Wallace M. Adye, former Family Medicine Residency Director, for his contributions to the advancement of medical education at Deaconess Hospital.
Dr. Adye was named Director Emeritus in 2004 and provided leadership to the residency from 1978-1995
- Center has 24 exam rooms and 3 treatment rooms
- Office space for faculty, residents and support staff reside on the second floor
- Epic electronic medical record application is utilized
Care at the center is delivered under the direct guidance of the Residency Director, Kim Volz, M.D. Medical services provided at the Family Medicine Center include:
- Free immunizations for infants and children
- Prenatal care and delivery
- Work and school physicals
- Care for occupational and sports injuries, including minor surgeries and repair of lacerations
- Flu shots, pneumonia and hepatitis B vaccines
- Adult tetanus boosters
Deaconess was founded in 1892 by a group of Protestant ministers and laymen who felt called to care for the sick. More than 125 years later, Deaconess Health System continues to provide high-quality health care with a compassionate spirit, just as our founders envisioned.
Deaconess Health System is the premier provider of health care services to 26 counties in three states (IN, IL, and KY). The system consists of seven hospitals located in southern Indiana: Deaconess Midtown Hospital
, Deaconess Gateway Hospital
, The Women’s Hospital
, The Heart Hospital
, The Orthopedic and Neuroscience Hospital, Deaconess Cross Pointe,
and HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
, a fully integrated multispecialty group featuring primary care physicians as well as top specialty doctors, provides patients with consistent and convenient care.
Additional components include a freestanding Cancer Center
, Urgent Care
facilities, a network of preferred hospitals and doctors, more than 30 care sites, and multiple partnerships with other regional health care providers.