The restrictions include:
- No visitors with influenza-like symptoms in the hospitals. Symptoms include cough, sore throat, fever, chills, aches, runny or stuffy nose, and vomiting or diarrhea.
- No visitors under the age of 15.
- No visitors other than immediate family or other significant persons as defined by the patient, and in some cases, healthy family members of newborns.
- Please refer to your respective facility’s visitation guidelines.
Exceptions to these restrictions may be made for cases involving critically ill patients and end-of-life situations.
These restrictions were developed using recommendations from the Vanderburgh County Health Department.
Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands frequently while in the hospital and wear protective face masks when instructed.
The flu can cause serious complications and even death, especially in the very young, the elderly, and those with certain existing medical conditions. These measures are being taken in an effort to protect patients, families, and hospital staff. We appreciate the community’s understanding and cooperation.
Community Patient Safety Coalition Hospitals Include:
- Daviess Community Hospital
- Deaconess Health System
- Evansville Surgery Center
- Gibson General Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation
- Memorial Hospital & Health Center, Jasper, IN
- Methodist Health, Henderson, KY
- Methodist Health, Morganfield, KY
- Select Specialty Hospital
- St. Vincent Evansville
- St. Vincent Warrick
- St. Vincent Orthopedic Hospital
- The Women’s Hospital