Indiana COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Information at Deaconess
The Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) is overseeing all aspects of vaccine appointments and registration.
You must be at least 16 years old to schedule an appointment at our Indiana vaccine clinics.
Schedule Online > For best appointment access, choose our high-volume vaccine site, "Deaconess Downtown Clinic."
NOTE: This link will NOT work correctly in Internet Explorer. You will need to open in Chrome, Firefox or on a mobile device.
Helpful Information Below
You can schedule your appointment one of two ways:
What To Know To Schedule Your Appointment
Do not schedule a vaccine right now if:
- Schedule online - via the link above
- Or by calling the statewide helpline staffed by resource experts - number listed above
- PLEASE NOTE: This line receives high volume of calls. Please try to register online, or have a friend or family member register you, whenever possible.
- You have had a serious or anaphylactic reaction to any other vaccine in the past. You must talk to your doctor first.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding (talk to your doctor first)
- If you have had COVID-19, schedule your appointment no earlier than 90 days after your initial positive test result. You will be able to see schedules about one month out.
- You must not have had any other vaccination in the past 14 days, including a flu shot.
- Make sure you check your calendar for any conflicts; while you CAN reschedule your appointment, try to not need to.
The state scheduling website will allow you to search by zip code, which is the recommended way to find a vaccination site near you.
Appointments for vaccines will be at several Deaconess locations; not all locations offer appointments every day, as staff will be rotating between locations.
Vaccines will be offered at:
- Deaconess Clinic Downtown – the former Deaconess Clinic Downtown building, at 421 Chestnut St. (location map)
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital (map) – first floor conference center. Use Ortho Neuro Hospital entrance; if you have mobility issues, use the main entrance.
- Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS - Boonville (map) - in conjunction with the Warrick County Health Department
Do not schedule your second dose now.
- Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS - Mt. Vernon (map) - in conjunction with the Posey County Health Department
You will schedule your second dose while at your first shot appointment.
When scheduling your vaccine appointment with the software used by the IDOH:
- Be sure to fill out the forms completely.
- Complete your insurance/Medicare information. (Note: The federal government is paying for the vaccine, but insurance companies are being charged an administration fee for giving the vaccine. At Deaconess, this is $38.)
- If you want to receive notifications via email, use an email address that you will be able to check at any time. Make sure you enter it correctly!
- If you don’t have a cell phone number, think of someone who could receive messages on your behalf.
- After you have scheduled your appointment, your confirmation emails and other communication will come from the state program. Deaconess is not facilitating this registration processes.
After You Schedule Your Appointment
- You will receive a confirmation email or text (whichever option you selected).
- Follow the link in that confirmation to make sure you’ve completed all of your preregistration. If you are a healthcare worker or first responder, bring your employee ID badge or other proof of employment, and insurance card.
- Please arrive at your appointment no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled time. This helps us keep patients spaced apart during the vaccination process, and keeps parking spaces available.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt under your clothing.
- Plan to bring your insurance card(s) to your appointment.
- Bring your ID or birth certificate (proof of age) and insurance and/or Medicare card to your appointment.
- Also, bring your calendar with you, as you will schedule your second vaccination while at this appointment.
- You will be at your appointment for about 30-60 minutes. Plan to wait at least 15 minutes onsite after receiving your vaccine.
- If you need to reschedule visit the IDOH rescheduling page.
Questions about the vaccine?