In keeping with our Christian heritage and tradition of service, the mission of Deaconess is to advance the health and well-being of our community, with a compassionate and caring spirit.
To be the preferred regional health care partner for patients, providers, employees and payers, with equitable access to inclusive, innovative, efficient, top quality health care for all.
At Deaconess, our values are based on our commitment to quality. We define quality as the continuous improvement of services to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the customers we serve.
- Leadership for our community and region
- Excellence in quality, safety and service
- Respect for all people without bias towards race, religion, gender/identity, sexual orientation or any of the other ways in which people differ
- Integrity to do our best, even when no one is looking
- Innovation and a bias for action is encouraged
- Partnerships for the mutual benefit of other organizations, providers, employers and community
- Accountability and Responsibility to always demonstrate an owner’s mentality
- Kindness shapes our interactions with all
We are ambassadors of Deaconess, cultivating a nurturing atmosphere of:
- People – Cultivate an unparalleled employment experience for People while ensuring they have expertise and support to provide exceptional care and service
- Health – Improve the Health and well-being of our communities by providing quality care, with exceptional service, at a lower cost
- Growth – Enhance patient access and first-in-class experience to foster Growth by leveraging geographical, technology, and relationship opportunities
- Sustainability – Ensure long-term Sustainability of the health system by creating an organizational design and operating model to meet the current and future needs of patients and communities we serve.
To accomplish its mission, Deaconess is committed to improving the quality of life for the people of the Tri-State by:
- Demonstrating excellence in health care services
- Providing access to health care
- Providing charity care to those in need
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Offering spiritual and psychological support
- Supporting health related education
- Advancing health knowledge through research