Pain during pregnancy
Pain during pregnancy is common, but often easily treated. Some common pregnancy related conditions we treat include:
- Back pain
- Sciatica (leg pain that begins in the lower back and travels down one or both legs)
- Pubic pain (usually from relaxed/loose ligaments around the pelvic bone)
- Carpal tunnel
To address the needs of high-risk, ante-partum patients (pregnant women on bed rest), High Pointe worked with The Women’s Hospital to develop an inpatient education program. The program consists of High Pointe therapists teaching pregnant inpatients at The Women’s Hospital about preventing blood clots, minimizing pain, exercising gently to keep muscles strong, and proper positioning. The therapists also work with the patients after delivery to address any continued issues.
Some of the most common painful conditions treated include:
Orthopedic pain or conditions
- Neck and back pain
High Pointe Therapy effectively treats patients experiencing orthopedic issues. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Shoulder dysfunction
- Postural strain
- ACL and shoulder injuries
Techniques used to treat pain include myofascial release, dry needling and joint mobilization. We also create treatment plans that include simple actions like teaching proper gym exercises.
- Balance Center
- Concussion management
- Vestibular dysfunction
- Lymphedema treatment
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Garment fitting
- Sports Performance Training
- Torque-- an injury reduction and performance enhancing program.
- Running Analysis-- 2D gait analysis to improve running form and reduce repetitive stress injuries
- Pediatric Therapy
- Physical, Occupational, Speech therapy services for infants to adolescents
- We provide inpatient therapy to patients in The Women’s Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.