Although your baby may be too young to understand the true meaning and joy of Christmas the first year, there are still special things you can do with them! Babies are like little sponges, soaking in all the information they can which helps them advance developmentally and grow their little personality. If you are looking for fun things to do with your little one on their first Christmas or even with older children, we hope you will find these ideas helpful. Have fun, and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
- Babies first ornament – decorate these with their name or date of birth or even their handprint.
- Dress for the occasion and snap some pictures of your family – make a scrapbook to keep these special memories in or use them for a holiday card!
- Purchase a special Christmas onesie saying “Babies First Christmas” or other Christmas clothing – there are so many cute choices out there for babies – everything from Santa suits to Christmas pajamas.
- Hang the stockings and include your special little one – Have some new Christmas stockings made for your mantel, there are so many to choose from!
- Shop for special gifts that can be personalized – baby rattles, spoons, and music boxes are decorative items that can be personalized and displayed in baby’s room. These are items you will always treasure.
- Show baby the Christmas lights on your tree or in your house and they will become quickly engaged! Your special little one is taking in everything around him.
- Pick out a special Christmas book to read to your child – start a special tradition and enjoy reading to your baby. Include your family and make it special. Even older siblings can read books to baby. Sensory wise, babies are taking everything in around them and always learning.