When Should I Consider a Fertility Consultation or Evaluation?
We base the first part of this answer on your age and how long you have been trying to conceive. You should consider a fertility consultation if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Women under 35 years of age who have been trying to conceive for one year without success
- Women over 35 years of age who have been trying to conceive for six months without success
- Any woman over 40 years of age regardless of how long she has been trying to conceive
The second part of this answer is based on medical history. For example, if you meet any of the following, you should also consider a fertility consultation as soon as possible:
Is a Physician Referral Required?
- Women who experience irregular periods
- Women who have been diagnosed with endometriosis
- Women who have been diagnosed with a tubal disease
- Women whose partners have a low sperm count
A physician referral is not required to be seen for fertility consultation and treatment. If you’re interested in scheduling a consultation now, visit Boston IVF at The Women’s Hospital
and complete an appointment request form, or call our office at 812-842-4530.
What Can I Expect During my Fertility Consultation?
During your consultation appointment at our office, we will go over your medical history and discuss your testing and treatment options. Then you will meet with one of our nurses who will give you detailed information about the testing and treatment options that have been discussed with you. Finally, our financial counselor will meet with you to go over your benefit analysis and provide a cost estimate to you.
What Types of Treatments are Offered?
The type of treatment offered depends upon the underlying cause of infertility, maternal age, as well as the couple’s preferences/goals. Treatments differ from medications to induce ovulation, intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF). For some patients, surgical treatment may be required. In general, we start with the simplest form of treatment. However, any fertility treatment a couple may require can be provided through our facility.