The Heart Hospital at Deaconess Gateway works closely with pediatric cardiologists. The Deaconess Pediatric Cardiology Clinic utilizes the expertise of the Riley Heart Center to provide expert care for newborns, children, adolescents, teens and young adults. This team of experts can care for congenital heart defects and other cardiovascular diseases including:
- Heart murmur
- Congenital malformations/defects
- Prenatal consultation of fetal anomalies
Diagnostic and screening services include:
- Echocardiography 2D and 3D (ECHO): Ultrasound of the heart to show how it’s functioning and to look for any defects.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): Looks at the rhythm and electrical activity of the heart from beat to beat.
- Stress testing (treadmill and bicycle): For diagnosing heart problems by viewing heart and blood vessel structure, capacity and function, both at rest and during activity or “stress”.
- Tilt table testing: Determine causes of syncope or “passing out”