Food and exercise logs are an important part of creating positive behavior changes to help you achieve overall weight loss and create long term success.
By recording what you are eating, when you are eating, how much you are eating, where you are eating, and how you feel while eating - our staff members can find patterns to help them understand your current behavior habits and offer additional insight. Your food and exercise logs are key to helping the staff members at Deaconess Weight Loss Solutions develop action plans to promote a successful weight loss journey for you.
The following are acceptable ways to keep and submit a food and exercise diary:
- Food and Exercise Logs Compliance Policy:
- Diaries and logs are required for compliance in each weight loss program.
- Diaries and logs must be completed before each office visit as they will be reviewed with you by our staff members.
- If you are participating in our surgical program, most insurance policies require logs to approve weight loss surgery. Any missing days may result in a delay or decline for surgery.
- Failure to complete regular diaries and logs can result in discharge from the program.
- The following are acceptable ways to keep and submit a food and exercise diary - SAME
Important: Diaries must be submitted through MyChart or bring a printed hardcopy to each visit. Failure to comply will delay your program and possible surgery.
- MyFitnessPal or other food diary application – After logging your intake in the food application, copy and paste your information into a Word document. You may send it in through your MyChart account or bring a printed hardcopy with you to each visit.
- Online template – On the Deaconess Weight Loss Solutions’ homepage, a document has been created to use as a template. Click the “Exercise Diary” button in the middle of the page to download the document. You may send in your dairy entries using your MyChart account or bring a hardcopy to each visit.
- Paper diary – If you choose to purchase your own diary such as a calorie counter or notebook, please be sure all of the necessary information is documented in your diary. Please refer to the online template in #2 for required information. If you choose a paper diary, the pages will need to be copied and brought to each visit. We will not provide copies at the office. It is your responsibility to do this prior to the visit.
*Please see instructions for submitting diaries through MyChart In your New Patient binder.