Reconstructive surgery covers a wide variety of procedures that help repair damaged tissue or correct abnormalities. These problems can be present from birth, or can result from traumatic injuries or disease.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 1 million reconstructive procedures are performed each year.
Our services include:
- Breast reconstruction: Commonly performed after or during breast cancer surgery (mastectomy), this surgery helps restore one or both breasts to near their normal shape, appearance, symmetry and size.
- Breast reduction: Also called reduction mammoplasty, breast reduction removes excess breast tissue.
- Breast lift: A surgical procedure to lift the breasts, also known as mastopexy.
- Burns, scar revision: Several different treatments can help minimize the appearance of burns and other types of scars including keloids.
- Chronic wounds and pressure ulcer: Surgical treatment including skin grafting, tissue expansion and flaps.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty): Surgery to improve the appearance of upper eyelids; can help correct impaired vision due to sagging skin.
- Gynecomestia surgery: Male breast reduction.
- Panniculectomy: A surgical procedure to remove hanging skin and fat from the lower abdomen to create a smoother abdominal contour. (Differs from abdominoplasty/tummy tuck in that abdominal muscles are not tightened during a panniculectomy.)
- Skin cancer excision and reconstruction: In some cases of skin cancer, surgery may be recommended to remove a cancerous growth. Specialized techniques can not only successfully remove the cancer, but also improve the appearance of the surgical site.
- Skin tumors, cysts and masses
- Tissue expansion: A process that works with the body to grow extra skin for use in breast reconstruction, burn/scar reconstruction and more.
- Trauma: skin lacerations, deep abrasions or tears of the skin that can occur from automobile accidents, dog bites, etc.
If you are interested in any of these procedures, call 812-426-9235 or Request an Appointment.