People of all ages choose cosmetic surgery procedures. Each decision is personal. Some may want to look younger, while others may wish to change a feature or trait they’ve never liked.
One key is to set realistic expectations, as cosmetic surgery won’t completely change your life, but it may give you greater confidence and add to your sense of well-being.
Below is the list of surgeries, services and procedures offered:
- Patients interested in breast augmentation are looking to improve the volume of their breasts, improve cleavage or correct asymmetries in their breast to make them look more equal. Patients can have this procedure before or after pregnancies.
- About the Breast Augmentation Procedure: A small incision is made at the base of the breast or at the base of the nipple areolar complex. The implant can be placed below or above the muscle depending on how much breast tissue is already present. The procedure is an outpatient procedure where you go home the same day as surgery.
- After Breast Augmentation: After breast augmentation, patients go home the same day. Most patients recover very quickly and can return to work a few days to one week after the procedure. A sports bra without underwire is worn 24 hours a day for 4-6 weeks to help support the implant position. Low impact exercise can be restarted at 3-4 weeks.
- Breast Implant Options: Saline and silicone implants are options available for breast augmentation. Cohesive and “gummy bear” silicone implants are also options. During your consultation, Dr. Kottwitz will help guide you in which type of implant is best for your desired results.
- Patients who are good candidates for a breast lift feel that their breasts are droopy and wish that they were perkier. A breast lift helps remove extra skin and breast tissue. Patients who want even more volume or more fullness at the top of the breast may need a breast implant or augmentation in addition to a breast lift-this is called an augmentation mastopexy. If patients are looking for just a small improvement in volume and are not interested in a breast implant, a technique called auto-augmentation (where you use your own breast tissue to add volume) may be an option. Dr. Kottwitz can help you guide you on the best treatment options at your consultation.
- About Breast Lift Procedure: There are different types of breast lifts depending on how much skin and tissue need to be removed to lift the breast. Usually, there is an incision around the nipple areolar complex and vertically down the breast. Sometimes the incision extends underneath the breast. Extra tissue is removed at the bottom of the breast so the breast feels less heavy. The procedure is considered an outpatient procedure and you will go home the same day.
- After Breast Lift Procedure: After breast lift surgery, patients go home the same day. Most patients feels that they can return to work one to two weeks after the procedure. You will be taught how to clean and care for the incisions are home. A sports bra without underwire is worn 24 hours a day for 4-6 weeks to help support the breast as they heal. Exercise can be restarted after 6 weeks.
- These procedures are tailored to each patients' needs, but can include exchanging implants because of rupture or a desire to change size. A patient may also want to add a breast lift to a previous a breast augmentation. Dr. Kottwitz can help guide you on the proper procedure indicated to improve your previous breast procedure.
- Patients that have undergone breast reconstruction surgery may also desire improvement in their results. Revision procedures after breast reconstruction for cancer are usually covered by your insurance. Exchange of implants, addition of acellular dermal matrix or mesh scaffolding, moving implants above the muscle, excising more skin or fat grafting can help improve your reconstruction. Dr. Kottwitz can help you decide which options are the best for you.
- Patients that desire a subtle improvement in volume may be a candidate for fat grafting to the breast. There are risks including oil cysts or fat necrosis that can become concerning for patients as they can be confused with a new mass that can require breast imaging and biopsies. Therefore, only certain patients are good candidates for only using fat to improve volume.
- Fat grafting is more commonly used as an add on procedure to help add volume after removal of implants or with a breast lift or breast lift and autoaugmentation. It is also very helpful in breast reconstruction to help soften the appearance of the implant and has also shown to help soften the skin in patients that have undergone radiation therapy.
- A breast reduction helps remove extra volume and lifts the breasts. Sometimes this procedure can be covered by insurance. Patients that meet requirements for insurance coverage have documented symptoms of neck, back and shoulder pain. They sometimes have rashes underneath their breasts. In addition, they have most likely seen a physical therapist or chiropractor to help with the musculoskeletal pain. Breasts also have to be large enough to remove a certain amount of breast tissue based on your height and weight. Dr. Kottwitz can help guide you through this process.
- For those that do not meet insurance requirements but still desire reduction in their breast size or a breast lift, you can still undergo the procedure. Dr. Kottwitz can help guide you on pricing at your consultation.
- About Breast Reduction procedure: During a breast reduction, the goal is to remove skin and breast tissue to make the breast feel less heavy and to lift the breast. This is done with an incision around the nipple areolar complex, vertically down the breast and usually an incision underneath the breast. The procedure is an outpatient procedure where you go home the same day as surgery.
- After a Breast Reduction: After breast reduction surgery, patients go home the same day. Most patients feels that they can return to work one to two weeks after the procedure. You will be taught how to clean and care for the incisions are home. A sports bra without underwire is worn 24 hours a day for 4-6 weeks to help support the breast as they heal. Exercise can be restarted after 6 weeks.
- There are many different reasons for removal of breast implants:
- You don’t want implants anymore. You can always decide to have your implants removed. Patients do not need any more reason than this. Some patients have gained breast tissue since their original breast augmentation and no longer need the extra volume the implant provides. Other patients just do not want their implants anymore-this is an acceptable reason to have breast implants removed.
- BIA-ALCL: Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma is a very rare type of breast cancer that has been linked to some textured implants. Symptoms for this type of breast cancer includes swelling or fluid around the breast implant. Dr. Kottwitz can help navigate work up and management of these symptoms as well as help guide you in the proper management of textured implants.
- BII: Breast Implant Illness is a diagnosis that is still being closely studied. Some patients feel like their implants are making them sick and find that their symptoms improve once the implants are removed. Sometimes, the capsule surrounding the implant is also removed. Dr. Kottwitz can help guide you in the management of Breast Implant Illness.
- About the Breast Implant Removal Procedure: There are many options in the removal of breast implants. Some implants can be removed with numbing medication in the office. However, if removal of the capsule around the implant is necessary then general anesthesia is required. In addition, some patients may want to undergo a Breast Lift or Auto Augmentation Breast Lift at the same time of removal of implants. Dr. Kottwitz can help you decide if addition of one of the procedures is indicated. In addition, some insurances may help cover some or all of the procedure costs.
- Liposuction / Lipoplasty: Procedure that vacuums excess fat from specific areas of the body to slim and reduce fullness.
- Fat Grafting / Fat Transfer: Fat is removed and transferred from one area of the body to another in order to improve or augment the area where the fat is injected.
- Arm Lift / Brachioplasty: The circumference of the arm is reduced through liposuction, as well as skin redundancy, to improve the look of the arms.
- Body Contouring / Reshaping (After Weight Loss): After significant weight loss, the body can be left with excess skin. Body contouring procedures like a tummy tuck, breast lift or lower body lift may help improve body shape and tone. It can also help with skin hygiene by reducing skin rashes from folds of skin.
- Body Lift: The surgical removal of loose hanging skin and fat from around the waist or 'belt' line.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: The transfer of fat from one area of the body to the buttocks to create a more full look in your backside.
- Thigh Lift: A reduction of excess skin and fat to reshape the thighs, which results in smoother skin and more proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body.
- Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty: A surgical procedure to remove excess folds/flaps of skin and tissue hanging over the abdomen; also includes tightening of abdominal muscles.
FACE & NECK
- Brow Lift: A surgical procedure to correct a low-positioned or sagging brow; also helps smooth the area between the brows.
- Chin Surgery (Mentoplasty): Reshaping the chin by enhancement with an implant, or a surgery to reduce the bone in the chin.
- Ear surgery: Otoplasty (ear pinning) is a procedure to change the position of excessively prominent ears or change size and shape. Torn earlobe repair.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty): Surgery to improve the appearance of upper eyelids or lower eyelids; can help correct impaired vision due to sagging skin.
- Facelift: A surgical procedure that improves the visible signs of aging in the neck and face.
- Facial implants: Solid, pre-shaped, three-dimensional objects placed in the different areas of the face (chin, jaw, cheeks, nose) to improve the size and appearance of the face.
- Lip Implants: Permanent lip augmentation using silicone implants to plump the lips.
- Lip Lift: A simple surgical procedure to elevate the upper lip.
- Neck Lift: A surgical procedure to improve the visible aging signs in the neck and jawline.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery): Surgery to reshape the nose with the following options to be determined at your consultation:
- Reduce or increase the size of the nose
- Remove a hump on the nose
- Change the shape of the tip or bridge
- Narrow the span of the nostrils
- Change the angle between the nose and upper lip
MALE-SPECIFIC PLASTIC SURGERY
- Some men feel that they have breast tissue that causes them not to feel comfortable in tighter shirts or in bathing suits. There is an option to remove the breast tissue and improve the masculine appearance of their chest.
- Depending on the amount of breast tissue and skin that needs to be removed, the following procedures may be utilized:
- An incision is made partially around the nipple areolar complex and the palpable breast tissue is directly excised.
- Liposuction can be utilized to help remove breast tissue and contour the chest.
- Skin and breast tissue are removed like a mastectomy and a free nipple graft is performed.
- Dr. Kottwitz can help decide which procedure or combination procedure is right for you. It is very rare that insurance companies cover these procedures, but we can help you determine if your symptoms warrant insurance coverage.
AESTHETIC GENITAL PLASTIC SURGERY
- Vaginoplasty: A procedure designed to tighten the vagina.
- Labiaplasty: A procedure to reduce the length and size of the labia minora.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation with Sciton Laser
If you are interested in any of these procedures, call 812-426-9235 or Request an Appointment.