Medication can improve your health but also cause unwanted side-effects and put a dent in your budget. Through the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Clinic, the highly-skilled pharmacists at Deaconess help you get the most out of your medication. They have a deep understanding of prescription and over-the-counter drugs and take the time to review the costs and benefits of each medication you take.
During a one-on-one session with a Deaconess pharmacist, you can expect to:
Who can go to the MTM Clinic?
- Review each medication prescribed to you
- Review each over-the-counter medication and/or herbal supplement you take
- Review lab results
- Discuss possible drug interactions
- Discuss possible side-effects
- Learn how to take your medicine as prescribed
- Learn more about your chronic disease, illness, etc.
- Change the amount/strength of your medication dose as appropriate
- Identify the lowest price option for your medication
With a doctor’s referral, anyone with a concern about their medication can go to the MTM Clinic.
Patients with these medical conditions are most likely to use our MTM services:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Hepatitis C
- Smokers/tobacco users who want to quit
- Chronic pain in conjunction with the Comprehensive Pain Center
To make an appointment, call 812-450-4686
For the appointment, bring all medicines in their original containers and a list of any over-the-counter or herbal medications you take.