Palliative care is specialized medical care for people at any age and at any stage of a chronic illness. This type of care focuses on providing you with relief from pain, symptoms and stress caused by your illness. Palliative care can be provided together with curative treatment and is not the same thing as hospice.
Online Scheduling available for New Patients
Our palliative care team understands the importance of living life to the fullest while managing a chronic illness. That’s why we focus on you as a whole person and provide education and treatment designed to improve or maintain your quality of life.
Together, our board certified palliative care physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and support staff work alongside your other health care providers to support you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
It may be time to consider palliative care if you:
- Suffer from pain, anxiety, depression, loss of appetite, fatigue, shortness of breath or other symptoms due to any life-threatening chronic illness
- Experience physical or emotional pain that is NOT under control
- Need help understanding your situation and coordinating your care
- Have had three or more hospitalizations in the last year
- Have frequent emergency department admissions
- Need assistance with planning and decision making