As we pass the two-year mark of living in a global pandemic, we are all anticipating better days and a return to more normal times.
Looking ahead is easier when you’re feeling better. Below are some resources that can help Healthcare Professionals address cumulative fatigue, stress and burnout.
Online Support groups
- Tearing Down the Barriers: Veteran, First Responder and Healthcare Professional Mental Health Summit
NAMI Frontline Wellness
NAMI is pleased to join the #FirstRespondersFirst initiative to support frontline health care and public safety professionals facing the adverse mental health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This community-centered initiative is called NAMI Frontline Wellness
MHA Frontline COVID-19 Workers
Mental Health America has a page dedicated to supporting frontline workers. Find blogs, articles, and podcasts designed specifically for those dealing with burnout, emotional overload, and frustration. Learn More
Nurses Supporting Nurses
American Medical Association – Physician Guidance
- Periop Talk Podcast - A Nursing State of Mind series (available in Apple podcasts)
- Mental Health Support: How to Survive the Pandemic with an Unbroken Spirit (ANA webinar)
- The WellNurse: Online Self-Care and Resilience Program https://www.thewellnurse.com
- In partnership with other leading nurse organizations, the American Nurses Foundation launched the Well-Being Initiative to offer resources that focus on caring for nurses as they tirelessly care for others. Includes free tools and apps to support the mental health and resilience of all nurses.
Mental Health Therapy offered by Deaconess
Mental Health Services (outside of Deaconess, in our communities)
In-person counseling - Indiana
In-person counseling – Kentucky
In-person counseling – Illinois
Meditation and Mindfulness Apps
Some of the apps below are free, while others offer a free trial with option to subscribe.
- Moodfit (mindfulness, gratitude, breathwork)
- Mood Mission is an evidence-based app to manage stress, low moods and anxiety
- Moodmate: Good Mood Coach guides users to better mental health, self-care and optimism
- Sanvello includes cognitive behavioral therapy techniques for stress relief
- Tripp Oculus Virtual Reality Meditation
- Aura offers personalized meditations for adults, as well as nature sounds, life coaching and music.
- Calm offers a variety of meditation for users at all levels, from calming anxiety to mindfulness for children.
- Headspace includes guided meditation to sleep meditation, for both adults and children.
- InsightTimer offers an assortment of meditation sessions that cover a variety of topics (depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress)
In your app store, search for "health and fitness" apps for additional resources related to well-being, workouts and more. Many offer free trials, followed by monthly or annual subscription options.
Substance Abuse Support Resources
Helpful Articles and Infographics