Please be aware that each time you receive services from Deaconess Health System a separate account is created. It is possible to have several accounts open at the same time. Insurance companies listed on the front of your statement were billed as a service to you.
The actual amount due will be determined by your insurance company. If your service was not billed to an insurance company and you have insurance, please contact customer service at 812-450-6815
so that we can update your account.
We expect payment from you for the amount shown in the “Pay This Amount” box on the front of your statement. Payment is expected within fifteen (15) days of the statement date.
If your account is not paid after appearing on your first statement, the account will appear as a balance forward on the next statement you receive. Accounts not paid within 45 days and two statements are outsourced to Complete Billing Services.
If you are unable to pay the amount shown, please contact our customer service department by calling 812-450-6815
to discuss payment arrangements or financial assistance. We are closed on National Holidays and the day after Thanksgiving.
Availability of Financial Assistance:
Financial and insurance information
is available, learn more
about the payment methods, billing services and payment expectations.
If an out of network provider saw a patient at an in network facility, the patient is not responsible for more than the in network rate of that patient’s health plan, plus any required copayment, deductible, or coinsurance.
If you feel that you received an out of network penalty inappropriately, please contact our customer service department by calling 812-450-6815
We offer several ways to pay your Deaconess bill. Choose the one that’s best for you.
- MyChart - debit/credit card and bank account
- Website - credit card or bank account
- In person at the Cashier’s Office (one office inside each hospital) – cash, check, money order, debit card, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) accepted
- By phone – Patient Financial Services 812-450-6815 or 800-467-6802
- Mail it to us – send check or money orders
If you are unable to pay your balance immediately, you must contact our Patient Financial Services representatives to discuss payment options, including possible financial assistance and payment plans.
Your bill will come from the specific
Typical locations included on Deaconess Health System bills:
service or location (within Deaconess) where you received care.
Typical locations included on The Women’s Hospital bills:
- Deaconess Midtown Hospital
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- Deaconess Cross Pointe
- Deaconess Physicians (Emergency Room doctors, Hospitalists, etc.)
- Deaconess Breast Center
- Evansville Surgery Center
- Imaging Services
- Lab Services
- Deaconess Clinic (all locations)
- Deaconess Clinic Urgent Care (all locations)
- Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS (all locations)
- Deaconess Clinic LIVE
- Deaconess Henderson Hospital and Providers
- Deaconess Union County Hospital and Providers
- Deaconess Gibson Hospital and Providers
Typical services included on Specialty Physicians bills:
- The Women’s Hospital
- The Women’s Cancer Center
- Pelvic Health and Wellness Center
- Tri-State Perinatology
- TWH Wellness & Counseling
- Breast services
- Maternity services (pregnancy-related)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Newborn services
Typical locations included on Methodist Health (Deaconess Henderson and Union County) bills:
For services prior to October 1, 2020
- Deaconess Specialty Physicians
- Deaconess Heart Group
Typical locations included on Gibson General Hospital (Deaconess Gibson Hospital) bills:
For services prior to October 1, 2020
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Union County