Deaconess, along with other regional hospitals, will follow state and national recommendations for lifting these restrictions. Thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.
For All Locations
Deaconess Gateway Hospital and Deaconess Midtown Hospital*
- All visitors must be at least 18 years old unless they are the parent of a patient, or are an emancipated minor.
- Every patient or visitor entering any facility must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose. (children age 2 and under are an exception)
*(see Deaconess Cross Pointe below for their specific guidelines)
Inpatient facilities will allow limited visitors between the hours of:
- Monday through Friday 5 AM – 8 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 6 AM-6 PM
- Visitors permitted to stay overnight for special circumstances (approved by primary RN) will be required to obtain a pass from Security when visiting hours are over at 8pm
Exceptions to the ONE visitor rule, which would be approved by primary nurse caring for patient:
- Each patient will be permitted ONE visitor per day (over the age of 18)
- Each visitor will be required to wear a mask while in the facility
- All visitors will be screened at entrances
- Employees must enter and depart the facility through the dedicated employee entrances
The Women's Hospital
- Restricted visitation will continue in the Emergency Department
- Pediatric patients (under 18) may have two visitors (parent/caregiver)
- No visitors for patients in isolation (unless special circumstances)
- No visitors under the age of 18 (unless special circumstances)
- Special or unusual circumstances to meet particular patient needs will warrant additional/multiple family visitation: i.e. end-of life, critically ill patient.
Outpatient facilities (clinics, labs, infusion areas, radiology, etc.)
To allow space for social distancing, Deaconess outpatient facilities are also limiting visitors.
- Obstetrical patients at The Women’s Hospital may have support person for the duration of their stay.
- Surgical patients may have one visitor.
- One visitor is also able to visit NICU patients at The Women’s Hospital.
Deaconess Cross Pointe
- Outpatients should come to appointments alone.
- Exceptions include:
- Patients who need help physically or mentally.
- Special circumstances when patients are unable to answer questions or lack decision-making capacity. (Some communication may take place via telephone.)
- Patients under the age of 18 are allowed one parent or legal guardian to accompany them during their visit.
- Oncology patients are allowed one visitor for their physician appointments; Infusion Centers are not allowing visitors.
- If a patient with particular needs may require additional visitation, contact the department manager.
- All patients and visitors will be screened at or before check-in.
- Normal visiting times will resume.
- All visitors will be screened.
- No visitation allowed if a visitor reports symptoms of COVID-19. This includes family members going to a family therapy session.
- Anyone reporting symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a CARE Team assessment will be directed to complete a phone or virtual assessment.
- CARE Team will coordinate with the Emergency Department to care for a patient with an acute mental health issue and symptoms of COVID-19.