We are dedicated to making your baby's birth a positive experience from the moment you choose The Women's Hospital. The first step in achieving this goal is to ensure a fast, smooth admission process. We begin the pre-admission process long before you notice the first signs of labor.
Your Maternal Care Advisor will prepare you for your stay at The Women's Hospital and connect you with resources and education that you will need before delivery.
There is no fee for the appointment and you can schedule an appointment at your convenience. If you have questions or difficulty scheduling, contact our preadmission department by calling 812-842-4170
. We recommend that this appointment takes place 8 to 10 weeks before your due date. Scheduling earlier is best as appointments fill up quickly.
During your pre-admission appointment, your Maternal Care Advisor will:
- Verify that your admission papers are complete
- Answer your questions about labor, delivery and newborn care
- Begin your hospital chart and prepare consent forms for your hospital stay
- Start completing paperwork for baby’s birth certificate
Please have the following items available at the time of your appointment.
- Insurance or Medicaid card
- Driver’s license or picture ID
- Name of baby’s physician
- Social Security number for both of baby's parents
- County of birth for both of baby's parents
- Birthdates for both of baby's parents
To ensure a quicker admission process, please complete the online patient registration
form before this appointment.
When scheduling your appointment online, please include your due date and doctor's name in the "reason for visit" field. Thank you!
*NOTE: Please call 812-842-4170 to schedule your appointment if English is not your primary language. We will make sure an interpreter is available for your appointment time.
Schedule an appointment with an OB Pre-admission Nurse