Maternal Transport Services
The Women’s Hospital's highly-skilled Maternal Transport Team specializes in providing medical intervention to expectant mothers with obstetric emergencies and high-risk pregnancies. Our on-site ambulance will quickly mobilize to bring a multidisciplinary team consisting of a trained paramedic, a high-risk obstetrical nurse, and a respiratory therapist to you. We make transferring high-risk obstetrical patients easy for referring hospitals because we want to be part of your team and assist in providing the highest quality care to all patients.
Our Maternal Transport Team, guided by our Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist is available for transports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each member of the Maternal Transport Team is certified in NRP, STABLE, and ACLS to maintain expertise in providing complex care to high-risk mothers.
Once our team has arrived at The Women’s Hospital, the patient is stabilized in the Obstetrical Emergency Department for continued care. While some patients require only a short stay in the hospital, others are admitted to The Women’s Hospital Antepartum Unit. This space is dedicated to the care of high-risk maternity patients. Our maternal-fetal medicine physician and transport coordinator provide updates related to the patient's current status and plan of care to the referring hospital.
To arrange for a maternal transport, call 812-629-6788
Neonatal Transport Services
The Neonatal Transport Team at The Women’s Hospital specializes in the safe and swift transport of premature and sick newborns in need of critical care. With an on-site ambulance equipped with the most advanced technology, the transport team is committed to a rapid departure. Our team, guided by a neonatologist, consists of specially trained neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists with expertise in airway management and stabilization of critically-ill babies to extend the same high-standard and quality of care as our very own NICU. Our ultimate goal is reuniting healthy babies to their family and community.
In addition, the Neonatal Transport Team offers these services:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your specific needs
- Dedicated Medical Director and transport coordinator to ensure high clinical standards and oversee daily operations of transport team
- Timely communication with family and referring hospital and physician of infant’s condition, stability and plan of care
- Temperature regulated transport isolette
- Ability to transport twins in same isolette
- Conventional and high-frequency ventilation on transport
- Inhaled nitric oxide available for ventilation
- Advanced certification in NRP, STABLE and Cardiac STABLE
For healthcare professionals to arrange for a Neonatal Transport, call 812-598-NICU