The adult Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) includes group counseling, family counseling, psycho-education, relapse prevention, individual case management, family education, introduction into the recovery community, and a drug and/or alcohol free lifestyle. Participants live at home and have more independence as this is an outpatient program.
Program length is determined by individual progress in completing treatment goals. However, the average length of time for completion of the first phase of IOP is six (6) weeks, three (3) nights per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays). Part of participating in IOP requires participants to attend at least 3 AA/NA meetings of their choice each week on days in which the group does not meet.
Program details include:
- 6 week outpatient evening program
- The program is held three (3) evenings a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- The program lasts for an average of six (6) weeks.
- All participants who complete phase one will participate in an aftercare program
- Alternative arrangements are made around major holidays
Participation in IOP Aftercare is part of the IOP program. Once an IOP participant has successfully completed the 6 week portion of IOP, the participant will participate in the “step down” program called Aftercare. Aftercare is only one (1) day a week for one (1) hour either on Wednesday morning (10 AM - 11 AM) or Thursday nights (6 PM – 7 PM).