How to Donate Meals to Deaconess Health Care Workers
Due to an outpouring of generous and kind calls from local restaurants and organizations who want to send meals to Deaconess employees, we have created this database to help organize the requests.
As we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, our patient care units, clinics and support departments are very busy taking great care of our patients, so a special team is managing this effort for them. Meals will be allocated to various units and departments....those providing direct care for COVID-19 patients, those providing care to other patients, and support departments that are helping make everything happen.
If you would like to make a food donation of any kind, please complete the form below.
- Once we process your information, and find an appropriate time and place for your donation, we will contact you.
- Please DO NOT drop off any food at the hospital or clinic locations without completing this form and hearing from us, as we will not be able to accept it.
- Because of the strict safety guidelines that we must follow during this pandemic, we are only able to accept prepackaged food, or food that is prepared at a restaurant and packaged in individual serving sizes. Shared servings, such as boxes of donuts or whole pizzas, aren't safe at this time.
- Examples of items we have been able accept include:
- Individually-wrapped sandwiches, donuts, cookies
- Individual-sized pizzas
- Snacks such as granola bars, crackers, fresh fruit (bananas and oranges), fruit cups, etc. that can be purchased at the grocery.
Once again, please know that your kindness is appreciated. We have been overwhelmed by the incredible outpouring of support of our generous community.
Complete the form below:
Example: meals, sandwiches, breakfast items, snacks, specialty items