Housing at Health Science Building
Directions to Health Science Building
600 Edgar Street
From Hwy 41 South
- Turn right on Virginia Street (lf you get to Lloyd Expressway, you have gone too far)
- Pass Deaconess Midtown Hospital
- Turn right on Edgar Street (This is past the parking garage on Mary Street)
- Health Science Building is on your left
There is no parking at the Health Science Building. Across the street we have free parking at the Mary Street Parking Garage. Please park on the 3rd or 4th floor.
General Information on housing
There are 2 twin beds in the room. Linens and towels are provided, but you will probably want to bring a comforter. You can obtain new linens downstairs in the linen closet. There is a kitchenette which is shared by everyone on the floor with pots/pans, refrigerator, and lounge. There is limited space in the refrigerator, but an additional refrigerator is located on the 5th floor with more room. Most people bring their own kitchen supplies (bowl for microwaving, skillet, pot for boiling/cooking, paper plates, plastic ware, etc.) Your bathroom is located in your room, so you will not have to share it. There is a TV with cable, but no remote. You may bring a universal remote, if you prefer.
When you arrive at the Health Science building, there will only be one door you can enter. This will lead you to the receptionist who will give you your room key and show you to your room. The receptionist is there 24/7.
Advice from former students
Explore these websites to learn more about the Evansville Area
- There is minimal lighting, so a desk lamp would make it easier to work at the desk.
- Bring some sort of bath mat or shower shoes.
- A pillow is provided, but I suggest bringing your own pillow. One month is too long not to love your pillow!
- Bring an "egg crate type" mattress pad to make bed more comfortable.