Students requesting a clinical rotation at Deaconess must complete the requirements as outlined in “Student Request Process” below and email the documents to Student.Rotations@deaconess.com.
Student Request Process
- Completed NP or PA Student Application
- Current CV or resume
- A One page Letter of Introduction describing the following information:
- Licensure Goal (FNP, ACNP, PMHNP, PA-C, etc.)
- Description of previous health care experience
- Why Deaconess was chosen for student rotations
- Why you want to be an NP or PA and in what area you want to practice after graduation
- Name/contact info for clinical advisor
- Copy of RN license (NP students only)
The documents you email will be received and reviewed by the academic coordinator at Deaconess. You will be contacted with approval or denial via email within this time frame.
Semester: Application Deadline: Notification of Approval/Denial:
Summer (May-July) January 31 Feb 28
Fall (Aug-Dec) March 31 April 30
Spring (Jan-April) August 31 September 30
Due to the large amount of clinical placement requests for students and the limited number of available spaces, Deaconess employees and students from local schools receive prioritization.