The Deaconess Hospital, Inc. Postgraduate Year One Pharmacy Residency is a hospital-based, one-year residency program with two positions for Pharmacy postgraduates. Upon completion of the Deaconess Hospital, Inc. Pharmacy Residency, the residents will be prepared to practice as a clinical pharmacist in a variety of settings, to complete a PGY2 Pharmacy Residency, or to obtain a position as faculty in a college of pharmacy.
PGY1 Program Purpose
: PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on pharmacy education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training
Graduates of our program will be prepared to:
- Manage and improve the medication-use process
- Provide evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy management with interdisciplinary teams
- Exercise leadership and practice management skills
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Provide medication and practice-related education/training to health care professionals, students and patients
- Continually monitor and improve performance through ongoing self-evaluation
In July 2006, the Deaconess Health System PGY1 Pharmacy Residency received accreditation from American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). At the last reaccreditation survey, Deaconess Hospital, Inc. PGY1 Residency program received the maximum accreditation of 8 years.