The Deaconess Health System Postgraduate Year One Pharmacy Residency is a hospital-based, one-year residency program with two positions for Pharmacy postgraduates. Upon completion of the Deaconess Health System Pharmacy Residency, the residents will be prepared to practice as a clinical pharmacist in a variety of settings, to complete a PGY2 Pharmacy Residency, or to obtain a position as faculty in a college of pharmacy.
Graduates of our program will be prepared to:
- Manage and improve the medication-use process
- Provide evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy management with interdisciplinary teams
- Exercise leadership and practice management skills
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Provide medication and practice-related education/training to health care professionals, students and patients
- Continually monitor and improve performance through ongoing self-evaluation
In July 2006, the Deaconess Health System PGY1 Pharmacy Residency received accreditation from American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).