Descendant Scholarship Guidelines
Provisions for the Granting of the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship
- A scholarship has been established for the express purpose of providing assistance to a student pursuing education in order to obtain a license for Registered Nursing.
- One scholarship (per person) will be granted each calendar year.
- Up to $15,000 in scholarships will be distributed to the most qualified applicants.
- There is no stipulation as to the elements of living and study for which the scholarship is spent.
- The Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Board of Directors will receive proof of attendance at a licensed school of nursing for the applicant. The Board will receive annual proof that studies have been completed for the specified year. If the year is not completed, the scholarship will be considered a loan and will be repaid by the recipient within a two-year period, accruing interest at 5% annually.
- Applicants for the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship will be alumni members or the direct descendants of graduates of the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing in Evansville, Indiana, or current Deaconess employees.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants in their first year of schooling. Should no entry level applicants be under consideration, other requests will be considered.
- Deadline for acceptance of applications will be the second Friday of March, annually.
- Decision as to the identity of the applicant to receive the scholarship is the responsibility of the Board of Directors of the DHSON. A quorum of votes is required for the decision.
- The award will be announced to the applicant by the first week of May, annually.
- Funds will be sent directly to the applicant's school.
/For You/Health Care Professionals/Deaconess Nursing/School of Nursing Alumni/Educational Funds/Descendant Scholarship Guidelines
Back to top