Stroke Recovery Program
A stroke can lead to significant changes in the brain, causing a wide spectrum of complications and disabilities. The Stroke Recovery Program, part of Ortho Neuro Specialty Services, can help post-stroke patients reach their highest level of function.
Many patients who have had a stroke need ongoing care after being discharged from Deaconess Midtown Hospital
, Deaconess Gateway Hospital
or Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
. After hospital-based rehabilitation, outpatient stroke rehab can help stroke patients make greater strides toward a full life with disability.
Additionally, problems can be noticed weeks or months later, such as when attempting to do something different for the first time since having a stroke. Our team can help address issues after other rehabilitation has ended.
- Aphasia (problems with speaking)
- Partial paralysis and other mobility issues
- Swallowing difficulties
- Bladder/bowel problems
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Behavioral and social changes
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Behavioral counseling
- Additional services for helping to restore function and well-being