High standards for safe patient care and compassion toward all we work with – patients, families and peers.
Competitive compensation and benefits:
- Medical insurance that includes a fertility benefit
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
- Support for education through tuition programs and on-site offerings
- Allowance for scrubs
- Accommodations during inclement weather
- Wellness program and onsite fitness classes and equipment
- Merit and year- end bonuses related to individual and organizational performance goals
- Sensible, practical and safe patient/nurse ratios
Customized orientation tailored to the unique needs of every person who joins our team.
A great sense of being part of a team that makes a difference. We value the work and time of our heart family and show it by celebrating our accomplishments.
The Heart Hospital environment is unique. We enjoy the benefits of being part of Deaconess Health System who has 51% ownership. Yet, we’re a separate entity and operate independently as a LLC with 49% physician ownership.
If you consider employment with us, know that we want to make sure we’re the right place for you and your career. We have high standards at The Heart Hospital, but also place importance on recognizing and rewarding staff members for their exceptional work. Members of our leadership team work closely with staff to make sure they have the tools and technology needed for the job. Listening and being available are key activities that contribute to our continued success. We think The Heart Hospital is a great place to work, but don’t take our word for it. Here’s what some of our staff members say:
Quotes from the Employee Engagement Survey
- “Employees are treated with care, dignity and respect. There is a sense of collaboration. Leadership is open to hearing concerns, questions, ideas etc....”
- “The Heart Hospital is an awesome place to work. I'm lucky and proud to be here and want to be a part of making it a success!”
- “I am an important member of a team and am treated with dignity and respect. We are all working to achieve common goals and the best patient care.”
- “I feel as though The Heart Hospital at Deaconess Gateway really values their employees and know that we are the key contributor to the success of this organization. We are rewarded frequently as a whole when our organization performs at the top. I have always been recognized by my manager for doing a good job and feel I make a difference in this organization. I could not imagine working anywhere else.”
- “There is a lot of recognition and reward. They tell us when we are doing well and include us in decisions for improvement when needed.”
- “I think the nurses and doctors contribute to the success of this hospital. There is not a physician in The Heart Hospital that I feel is unapproachable. Our CNO/CEO cares about the happiness of the employees and cares about how the employees are doing. We work well together and I have no desire to be anywhere else. We maintain a professional environment while having fun at the same time.”