In this six-hour course, we will discuss 2019 CPT code changes and present state-specific Medicare policies and procedures for correct coding/billing techniques and monitoring the issues being investigated by the Medicare Administration Contractor, the Office of the Inspector General, Medicare Recovery Audit Contractors, and the Medicare Program.
Topics for Discussion
Please remember to bring your 2019 CPT manual with you to the seminar.
- 2019 CPT and HCPCS Changes
- Discussion: 2019 ICD-10-CM Changes
- CMS - Patients over Paperwork
- E/M Documentation Changes
- Appropriate Use Criteria for Advanced Imaging Services
- Medicare new policies on
- Virtual check-in
- Radiology Assistants – Direct Supervision
- Therapy Services furnished by therapy assistants
- Inter-professional Telephone/Internet Consultation
- Chronic Care Management
- OIG Work Plan
- 8:30AM: Registration and continental breakfast
- 9:00AM: Seminar begins
- 10:30AM: Morning break
- 12:00AM: Lunch (provided)
- 1:00PM: Seminar resumes
- 2:30PM: Afternoon break
- 4:00PM: Adjourn
Application has been submitted to the American Academy of Professional Coders for 6.0 hours of Continuing Education Units.
Please make checks payable to Deaconess Hospital. The cost is $125 and includes workbook, continental breakfast, and lunch. Please RSVP no later than January 18, 2019.
We will honor cancellations received at least five days prior to the seminar. No-shows will be mailed the seminar materials and billed the full amount of the seminar.
For more information, contact Sarah Matthews 812-450-2428 or email email@example.com
Newby Consulting, Inc. and Joy Newby are not employed or endorsed by the Indiana Medicare Program; WPS Government Health Administrators; The America Medical Association (AMA); or the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The materials provided with these workshops are not official Medicare documents and are not meant to replace such items.