|Evansville, Indiana - HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital is celebrating National Patient Safety Awareness Week March 4 – 10 to educate the community, patients, families and clinicians on the importance of patient safety in the hospital and at home.
With the locomotive theme of “Get on Track to Safety,” the hospital is coordinating several activities, demonstrations and educational seminars on such topics as choking, safety in the home environment, a Glow-Germ demonstration and Hazard Hospital Room.
The public is invited to the safety wellness fair on Wednesday, March 7 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the conference rooms at HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital. The following community partners will be on hand:
Barb Butler, HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital chief executive officer states, “Patient safety is our top priority at HealthSouth. It’s one of the most important aspects in creating a high-quality patient experience.”
- The Red Cross - demonstrating the Heimlich maneuver with “Choking Charlie”
- The Evansville Police Department - answering questions about security and self safety
- Koorsen Fire & Security - fire extinguisher and fire safety information
- Deaconess Home Services - oxygen safety, home safety equipment and Personal Alarms
- Specialty Home Health - safety hazards in the home
- Welborn Health Plans - smoking cessation
- Clean Harbors - proper medication disposal