For Big Brothers or Big Sisters
The Women's Hospital offers a Big Brother/ Big Sister Class to help older siblings learn what to expect.
This camp-themed class helps young children prepare for their new role! The ages 3-5 class focuses on hand-washing, gentle touch, loud vs. quiet voice, and newborn behavior. The class for children ages 6-10 focuses on diapering, swaddling, feeding, burping, and newborn behavior. A video, tour of the hospital and many fun, take-home items are included. Bring a camera!
It is recommended you finish this class by week 30 of pregnancy. This will allow you time to reinforce information before your baby arrives.
Recommended Reading List
Preschool - School Age
- How You Were Born by Joanna Cole
- I'm a Big Brother by Joanna Cole
- I'm a Big Sister by Joanna Cole
- The New Baby at Your House by Joanna Cole
- Hello Baby! by Lizzy Rockwell
- Baby on the Way by William and Martha Sears
- What Baby Needs by William and Martha Sears
- What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy? by Abby Cocovini