High Risk Pregnancy
State-of-the-Art Care for High-Risk Pregnancies
For the majority of women, pregnancy progresses without problems and ends with the delivery of a healthy baby. However, some women have a "high risk" pregnancy, meaning that they have a greater chance of complications. Fortunately, expert medical care allows most of these women to remain healthy and deliver healthy babies.
If you experience a high-risk pregnancy, there is no better place to be than Tri-State Perinatology at The Women's Hospital
. We are able to provide the specialized care needed to minimize the risks associated with your high risk pregnancy.
During Your Pregnancy
If your obstetrician (OB) believes that you may be at risk for pregnancy-related problems, he or she may refer you to a perinatologist, also known as maternal-fetal medicine specialist. Our perinatologist, Dr. Brennan Fitzpatrick, and highly trained staff will work together with you and your OB to provide you the best care possible.
Our Program Offers:
- Care and counseling for patients with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Diabetes management
- Fetal therapeutics, including PUBS and fetal transfusion
- First and second trimester screening
- Genetic counseling by a certified genetic counselor
- Management of multiple gestations (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Management of obstetrical complications, including pre-term labor and preeclampsia
- Management of pregnancies conceived by assisted reproductive technologies
- Maternal medical condition management
- Preconception counseling
- Prenatal diagnostic procedures
If You Require Hospitalization
Our staff includes highly trained nurses and 24-hour in-house coverage by anesthesiologists who are ready to provide comfort during labor or assist with emergency C-sections.
Each member of our team will work hard to provide comfort during your stay. We offer home-like accommodations, liberal visitation hours and family-centered environment. We understand that a high-risk pregnancy can be stressful, and we are dedicated to making your stay the best experience it can be.
To benefit women and infants in surrounding communities, Dr. Fitzpatrick also accepts high-risk maternal transfers. He is available to manage maternal medical conditions. In addition, he also provides care for those mothers whose babies will require the services of our neonatology team.