The Stroke Rehab Program at HealthSouth provides comprehensive rehabilitation to individuals who have experienced a stroke. Our interdisciplinary medical team offers resources to meet the unique needs of every patient.
Stroke Rehab Facts
Studies show that when aggressive rehab starts early, outcomes are better. Patients are usually transferred to HealthSouth 3-5 days after a stroke occurs.
Patients participate in 3-5 hours of comprehensive therapy a day.
- Assessment of physical, social, cognitive, communication and psychological needs
- Individualized treatment plans
- Hand Mentor to improve wrist function
- Full continuum of care including inpatient and outpatient programs
- Therapies available seven days a week
- Weekly team care conferences focused on patient goals and planning discharge to the community
- Therapeutic pool
- Swallowing evaluations and onsite videofluoroscopy
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation utilizing VitalStim
- Technical support via laboratory, x ray, video-fluoroscopy
- Stroke educational programs
- Support groups for patients and family
- Complimentary copy of Living with Stroke
- Driving pre-screening
- NESS H200 treatment for upper extremity paralysis
- NESS L300 treatment for foot drop
- AutoAmbulator to assist with return to normal functional ambulation
Our Stroke Rehabilitation program is medically managed by a board certified family medicine physician. Depending on your individual needs, your interdisciplinary care team may include:
- Board Certified Family Medicine Physician
- Rehabilitation Nurse
- Pharmacist Case Manager
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Registered Dietitian
For more information, contact HealthSouth at 812/ 476-9983 or 800/ 677-3422.