The Orthopedic Program at HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital provides an intensive, interdisciplinary team approach to the rehabilitation process. Anyone that is limited functionally due to an orthopedic injury, major joint replacement, amputation, fractures, or arthritis can benefit from this program. The focus is on functional activities that promote independence and enable a patient to return to a productive lifestyle.
Program designed for select individuals recovering from a total knee replacement. Admission is within 23 hours post-uncomplicated surgery. By starting the rehab process early, mobility and function can be addressed during the healing process and thus shortening the length of stay in the hospital.
Average length of stay is 4-5 days. Medicare does not cover outpatient surgery, so it will not pay for this program. Commercial insurance may cover this service.
- Coordination of orthotic and prosthetic services
- Prescribed adaptive equipment
- Assessment of home needs
- Patient and family education
- Aquatic therapy
- Full continuum of care including inpatient, outpatient and fast-track services
- Outpatient follow-up clinic as needed
- Transportation assistance locally for outpatient services
Your physician-led healthcare team will depend on your individual needs. Team members may include:
- Family Medicine Physician
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Rehabilitation Nurse
- Case Manager
- Registered Dietitian
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Improve balance, coordination, strength and endurance
- Increase functional mobility in transfers and ambulation
- Increase independence in activities of daily living
- Manage pain
For more information, contact HealthSouth at 812/ 476-9983 or 800/ 677-3422.