Pharmacy Medication Therapy Management Clinic
What is the MTM (Medication Therapy Management) Clinic?
- A visit with an experienced Pharmacist in addition to your usual doctor visits.
- This visit makes sure your medicines are safe and effective.
- The goal is to help you get the most from your medicines so the Deaconess Pharmacist has special permission from your doctor to adjust your medicines to make them work the best for you.
How will this help me?
The Pharmacist can do any of the following during the visit to help you with your medicines:
- Provide education on disease states
- Provide education on medicines
- Increase/decrease the strength your medicine to get you to goal for your disease and improve your health
- Review and explain lab results
- Personalized one-on-one visit
- Review all medications (including over-the-counter and herbal supplements)
How long are the visits?
- The first visit is scheduled for 1 hour to provide a complete review of all medicines and provide education on diseases and medicines.
- All other visits are approximately 30 minutes or longer
- Visits will be scheduled in between physician visits, sometimes monthly if medicine changes are made
What should I bring to the appointment?
- All medicines in their containers (even over-the-counter or herbal medications)
- When can I make an appointment?
- Appointments can be made by calling 812-450-4686 and will be based on availability
- Receptionist answers calls Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm
- Appointments are offered at a different site depending on the day
- Wednesday at Deaconess Clinic Downtown
- Thursday at Gateway
- Friday at the Resource Center on the Main Campus
How can I be referred to the clinic?
Your doctor can refer you to the Pharmacy MTM Clinic for education and medication adjustment with the following diseases or problems:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Help to quit smoking
Your doctor can also refer you if you take more than 10 medicines so the Pharmacist can make sure that:
- You take your medicine properly
- The most affordable medicines are used
- There are no duplicates
- No drug interactions will cause problems or cause you to not get the most out of your medicine
- Help prevent hospital admissions
- Visits at the Pharmacy MTM clinic are covered by Medicare and by most state Medicaid programs
Where is the clinic it located?
Deaconess Clinic Downtown
Located on 2nd floor with Deaconess Anticoagulation Clinic
421 Chestnut Street
Evansville, IN 47713
Deaconess Main Campus
600 Mary Street
Evansville, IN 47747
Deaconess Gateway Hospital
Located with Deaconess Anticoagulation Clinic
4107 Gateway Blvd
Newburgh, IN 47630
Download directions and a map to the Medication Therapy Management Clinic >>