Descendant Scholarship Form
The Descendant Scholarship form is now on-line. Click on the button and the form will upload. You may then print out the form, complete it and mail as indicated. Guidelines are included on the form as well.
Need help downloading the PDF?
Provision for the Granting of the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship.
- A scholarship has been established for the express purpose of providing assistance to a student pursuing education in order to obtain a license for Registered Nursing.
- One scholarship will be granted each calendar year.
- The scholarship is in the amount of $2500.
- There is no stipulation as to the elements of living and study for which the scholarship is spent.
- The Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Board of Directors will receive proof of attendance at a licensed school of Nursing for the applicant. The Board will receive annual proof that studies are have been completed for the specified year. If the year is not completed, the Scholarship will be considered a loan and will be repaid within a two year period, accruing interest are 5% annually.
- Applicants for the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship will be Alumni members, or the direct descendants of graduates of the Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing in Evansville Indiana, or current Deaconess Hospital Employees.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants in their first year of schooling. Should no entry level applicants be under consideration, other requests will be considered.
- Deadline for acceptance of applications will be March 15, 2013
- Decision as to the identity of the applicant to receive the scholarship is the responsibility of the Board of Directors of the DHSON. A quorum of votes is required for the decision.
- The award will be announced to the applicant by May 3, 2013.
- Funds will be sent directly to the applicant's school.