When You Need a Helping Hand
Helping Hand offers transportation assistance to and from Deaconess-affiliated entities to members living within a 30-mile radius of the Deaconess facility. This service is available for pre-scheduled, non-emergency medical appointments, such as outpatient lab, tests, x-rays and physician appointments at select Deaconess entities.
Transportation is available to and from the following Deaconess-affiliated locations:
- Chancellor Center for Oncology
- Deaconess Cross Pointe
- Deaconess Hospital
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital
- Deaconess Primary Care for Seniors – North Park and Oak Hill locations
- HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
- Deaconess Cardiac Rehab
- Evansville Surgery Center in the Deaconess Physician Center
- Deaconess Breast Center
- The Women’s Hospital
- Wallace B. Adye Family Medicine Center
- Deaconess Weight Loss Solutions
- Deaconess Sleep Center
- Deaconess Wound Services
Transportation is also provided for discharges from inpatient stays at Deaconess Hospital, Deaconess Gateway Hospital, Deaconess Cross Pointe, The Women’s Hospital or HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital.
Helping Hand transportation is not available for:
- Emergency transportation to the Emergency Room or Hospital. (Please call the local emergency number.)
- Transportation to physician office appointments at locations other than those listed above.
Transports are available within a 30-mile radius of the Deaconess facilty.
- $8 one-way co-payment for each transport
- Co-payments must be paid to the driver at time of service
Transportation Requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Call the Helping Hand dispatcher at 812-450-6100 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to schedule transportation for scheduled appointments. Voice mail is available, and the dispatcher will return your call.
- When the member is ready to return home, call 812-450-6100 to notify the Helping Hand dispatcher.
- Requests for transportation on Sundays, Mondays and holidays must be made the Friday prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Notify the Helping Hand dispatcher at 812-450-6100 of schedule changes even if a Deaconess department made the change.
- Do not make arrangements with the transportation company directly. Deaconess cannot accept financial responsibility for transportation unless members call the Helping Hand dispatcher first.
- Do not make transportation arrangements with the driver of the vehicle. Please call 812-450-6100 or 812-450-6000 with questions and concerns; do not call the transportation company directly.