When You Need a Helping Hand
Helping Hand provides free assistance in completing Medicare and other insurance claim forms for doctor visits, prescriptions and hospital costs. Call 812/450-6000 between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, to schedule an appointment. Your Helping Hand insurance counselor will be happy to assist you.
For better service, please follow these guidelines:
- Provide claim forms required by insurance company.
- Provide addresses of all insurance companies.
- Provide policy numbers, member name and patient name for each policy.
- Provide copies of bills from doctors’ offices with current balances listed.
- Provide copies of bills for prescriptions.
- Helping Hand counselors cannot file bills that are more than six months old.
- This benefit is available only to the member or, in the event of death, to the surviving spouse.
- Helping Hand counselors cannot file claims outstanding on estates.
- Helping Hand will assist in correcting obvious billing errors.
Call 812/450-6000 with questions or problems that require assistance from your Helping Hand insurance counselor.