Critical Care Registered Nurses
Expert nursing care is essential to the successful treatment of critically ill patients. Such expert care requires extensive experience and continuing education. Nurses at Deaconess have both.
To further advance nursing care at Deaconess, we launched a critical care nurse competency program in the spring of 2000. Key to this competency program is an ongoing drive for critical care registered nurse (CCRN) certification, a mark of excellence earned only by the most highly trained nurses. To gain CCRN certification, a nurse must:
- Have extensive critical care experience,
- Pass a difficult exam, and
- Meet rigorous continuing education requirements.
Earning and maintaining CCRN certification is an arduous task – one undertaken by a small number of nurses at most hospitals. But Deaconess isn’t like most hospitals. We have over 30 Critical Care Registered Nurses.
Patients and nurses turn to Deaconess Hospital when they want to be surrounded by the most skilled team in the region. If you are a nurse looking for a challenging and rewarding career, consider the following benefits our nurses enjoy.
We offer nurses:
- On-site preparation courses for the CCRN certification exam
- Flexible scheduling to facilitate class attendance
- Free study materials
- Reimbursement for certification and continuing education
- A formal career ladder to recognize and reward professional efforts
Would you like to join our team? Learn more about Career Opportunities at Deaconess