Cancer Rehabilitation and Education Program
Research shows that physical and occupational therapies complement cancer treatment in a variety of ways. The CARE program, offered by Deaconess Physical Medicine, may provide the following benefits:
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Decrease fatigue
- Decrease side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- Decrease pain
- Increase mobility
- Increase tolerance for daily activities
- Increase motivation
- Improve quality of life
- Am I always tired?
- Do I spend too much time in bed?
- Has my normal level of activity decreased?
- Do I have any difficulty walking?
- Do I need assistance with daily activities?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may benefit from physical or occupational therapy. Discuss the symptoms with your physician, as a physician’s order is required.
Deacones Physical Medicine 812/450-3353
If you or your physician would like additional information, please contact:
Deaconess Oncology Services